Frequently Asked Questions About Impact Windows & Doors
If you have any other questions regarding impact windows and doors, please feel free to reach out to us on our Contact Us page or the form on this page
02. Wood degrades in the harsh southern climate of high humidity and sun.
03. Aluminum is a recyclable green product.
04. Aluminum windows and doors provide years of protection, proven by years of installations in hurricane-prone areas.
05. Aluminum windows and doors are factory-finished and require minimal maintenance.
01. Do you live in the home year round? If not, who will put up the shutters when you are not there?
02. Are you physically capable of installing the shutters by yourself? Are you likely to put the shutters up if a storm comes?
03. Do you like the look of roll-down or accordion shutters mounted to the exterior of your house?
04. Is energy efficiency important to you? Shutter systems do not provide you with energy savings like impact windows and doors.
05. How important is home security to you? Unlike shutters, impact windows and doors provide 24/7 protection against intrusion.
06. With impact windows and doors you will enjoy a significant reduction in outside noise and 99% of ultraviolet rays will be eliminated.
07. What about safety? Oftentimes shutters remain installed after a hurricane, blocking egress in the event of a fire. Also, during a hurricane closed shutters block outside light and visibility.
08. Consider what happens if a shutter fails. If glass behind the shutter breaks, the house “envelope” is breached possibly resulting in a catastrophic building failure.
09. Leaving the shutters up while gone invites potential burglars.
This window treatment is not approved for impact resistance by Miami-Dade County. Refer to the question in this section that reads “Can I replace the existing glass on my windows and doors with impact glass and get the same level of protection? ”Reflective window films may be very good at reflecting the sun and making the home more comfortable. This is the same benefit that can be achieved with a coated glass product. Hurricane film on a window is not the same as impact windows and doors.
Approved NON-IMPACT windows and doors
Impact windows and impact doors that are NOT approved for larger sizes, heights or locations in a structure
So-called “impact products,” which are simply impact glass in a non-impact approved window. Under tropical storm conditions, the glass could fly out of the window framing.
01 Take time to see the actual impact windows and or impact door for yourself. Visit our showrooms and ask to see examples of different impact windows and impact doors. A well-made impact window not only should perform under severe weather conditions, but should enhance the beauty of your home. At any price point, attention to fit and finish and details like the designs of its muntin and glazing beads are just some of the obvious differences.
02. Evaluate the strength of the impact windows or impact doors based on its design load (PSF- Pounds per Square Foot). The design load is the product’s ability to resist forces like that created by hurricane winds. Not all impact windows are created equal: they are approved at different levels of performance. The higher the PSF, the stronger the product. Compare the PSF rating to understand how products differ in strength. As an example, CGI’s 360 Single Hung impact window is approved as high as 210 PSF (equates to 290 MPH winds).
Impact windows and impact doors are test-proven to be one of the strongest products on the market today.
Impact windows can be installed on virtually any building, including high-rise buildings, and meet the most stringent impact window code requirements.
We offer 10’ tall impact windows like Single-Hung windows, impact French Doors and Sliding Glass Doors.
We offer impact doors that are available and approved in both in-swing and out-swing configurations.
Most of the hinges for impact doors are made by Hager and are fabricated from solid brass or stainless steel.
We offer a three-point door lock mechanism for our French Doors to allow for improved security, operation and product strength.
What sets Liberty Impact Windows & Doors apart is performance, appearance and quality. We know how important protecting your family is, so why leave it up to chance? Our performance ratings for impact windows and doors are unparalleled in the industry. Our internal quality standards go beyond those of any other company. We have a standard at Liberty, and that is that no matter what, at the end of the day the customer is happy.